Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What a Sucker!!!


Ok Laura - I did it and this is all for you! I'm not exactly sure why I am begining this blog because I am not witty, insightful, clever, or anything of the like. My grammer, syntax, and spelling are all pretty bad; I chose math for a reason! None the less, my dear friend Laura explained blogging to me in a way that made it seem worth while. As a resource for keeping in touch. And although I try, I am not the best at journaling or writing things down. I have the best of intentions but never seem to get around to it. And I figure that one day, my dear sweet Abby would like to know what when on in her life! (any maybe her parents'!) So for this, I am giving blogging a try. Here is my best attempt at documentation!

I guess I will explain my title in this first entry. I feel it is pretty self explanatory, My cup runneth over. We have all heard it a million times and as cliche as it sounds, my cup truly does run over. I am blessed. I have an amazing husband who loves the Lord as well as me and Abby. I have a beautiful baby girl who, at this point in her life, loves me unconditionally. She teaches me so much each day. I have a great relationship with my family and we enjoy each others company. And something that I feel extremely lucky to be able to say is that I have a great group of friends who serve as a support structure as well as a family to me. Don't get me wrong, my life is not all peaches and cream! We have our share of struggles but something I am learning daily is to be not only content with where I am now, but excited about it. I will never get this time back and I have realized it is silly to wish away this time just because I am looking forward to what is in our future. It is not easy and I struggle constantly with this idea. There are so many things I want and wish for and am looking forward to. But I need to be happy, content, and proactive. One of the things I have been wanting is documentation of our life so here is my first step in a new and improved proactive life!

3 comments:

Laura said...

YIPPPPEEEE!! I am thrilled you started this! ...now you just have to keep it up!! love you

Unknown said...

Hey lady! Now I can keep up with the 'goings-on' of my favorite Alabama family. You did forget to mention that your husband likes to give unsuspecting West Virginians cigars laced with ipecac! hehe, anyways, i hope you are both doing well and i miss you all. take care. Ryan Shultz

Carrie said...

I could not be more excited!!! Yea! No I can get an online Leslie fix anytime I want!!!!